Most of our income comes from providing public trips, but we have not been able run these for most of the past year. However, we still have bills to pay – insurance, licence, safety inspections, etc, even when there is no money coming in!
You can help to keep Still Waters afloat so that we will still be here in the future to offer trips to the public, schools, disadvantaged groups, etc.
Are you new to blogging, and do you want step-by-step guidance on how to publish and grow your blog? Learn more about our new Blogging for Beginners course and get 50% off through December 10th.
WordPress.com is excited to announce our newest offering: a course just for beginning bloggers where you’ll learn everything you need to know about blogging from the most trusted experts in the industry. We have helped millions of blogs get up and running, we know what works, and we want you to to know everything we know. This course provides all the fundamental skills and inspiration you need to get your blog started, an interactive community forum, and content updated annually.
Wed 28th, Thur 29th & Fri 30th Oct 12:30, 1.30 & 2.30 pm (40 min trip) From Portland Basin (side gate entrance) Adults: £5 Child: £3 Pre-booking is essential, please use the following link: http://tameside-canal-boat-trust.sumup.link
Health & Hygiene We’ve implemented a lot of changes, most notably we will be operating at a reduced capacity, were we can ensure we are following social distancing guidelines at all times, we have access to the LATEST DEFRA & MCA approved guidelines.
1) We will be conducting disinfection of all touchpoints including handrails, door handles, and seats, before, and after each trip.
2) We have hand sanitiser dispensers at the entrance to the boat for our passengers to use as they board and disembark.
3) At this moment in time, Government advice does not require you to wear a face mask whilst travelling with us but please feel free to do so.
4) There are currently no toilet facilities available on board the boat or at Portland Basin Museum.
We thank you in advance for your continued cooperation and support.
Join us aboard Narrow Boat Still Waters, for a 1 hour 30 minute relaxing cruise, along the Historic Ashton Canal from Portland Basin to Lumb lane Basin in Audenshaw, including return to Portland Basin.
Sit back relax, and enjoy the tranquil setting of one England’s Historic Inland Waterways. 12.00 noon to 1.30 pmand2.00 pm to 3.30 pm
Please note UK Government legislation effective 14th September 2020 states that groups / social bubbles must not exceed six individuals. Availability of places on board is reduced to ensure social distancing.
From 12th July we are running our Sunday public boat trips again!
While Portland Basin Museum remains closed at the moment, please use the gate at the side of the museum to get to the boat. Parking is available near the gate.
We depart at 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30pm.
Please note the following guidelines and changes:-
1) All seats and handrails will be sanitised between trips.
2) You must bring and wear a face covering (as with all current public transport journeys).
3) There are currently no toilet facilities available on board the boat or at Portland Basin Museum.
4) Payment preferred via contactless card (£5 adults and £3 child).
5) We are reducing our current passenger capacity from 50 to a max of 12 persons per trip (excluding Crew) so there will be plenty of room for social distancing in accordance with current Government recommendations.
If you would like to reserve a space on one of the three Sunday trips please send us an email (email@example.com) or message via Facebook with the number of people you wish reserve for and the time slot, we will then confirm by return message.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.
Tameside Canal Boat Trust regrets that the Covid-19 Coronavirus crisis means that we are unable to offer boat trips until further notice.
We look forward to your company aboard Still Waters when things return to normal.
We are running public boat trips from Portland Basin Museum, Ashton under Lyne, on: Sunday 25th; Bank Holiday Monday 26th; Tuesday 27th & Thursday 29th August,
at 12.30, 1.30 and 2.30 pm.
£5 adult, £3 child. No need to book – pay on the boat.